The Kingston DT6000 utilizes patented Secured by Spyrus technology which supports 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption using XTS block cipher mode. XTS is current generation technology that provides much stronger protection than other block cipher modes such as CBC and ECB. The DT6000 uses ‘military-grade’ elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), which is recommended by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of its Suite B set of cryptographic algorithms.
Organizations spend millions of dollars annually on network security to thwart hackers and other outsider threats. A recent study by the Ponemon Institute highlighted that nearly half of organizations surveyed lost sensitive or confidential information on USB drives over the last two years, and that on average 12,000 customer records per organization were lost. For many organizations, steps to protect data on portable devices remain unimplemented for a variety of reasons despite the risks in using unsecured drives in the workplace. Frequent news stories show that security breaches associated with USBs are more often the result of negligence (lost drives) and a lack of security policy, education and enforcement rather than malicious intent. In other words, having an unencrypted USB drive is a potential data breach in one’s pocket.
“While enterprises and government agencies need to be able to provide remote and mobile employees access to sensitive and confidential data, establishing security policies and deploying USB products that prevent data loss is as important and immediate as an organization’s network security,” said John Terpening, Secure USB business manager, Kingston. “Using non-secure USB drives makes organizations vulnerable to data loss and breaches that can affect the company’s credibility with its employees, customers and partners. The DT6000 is the most secure USB Flash drive available and will meet the most stringent corporate or government requirements.”
While other companies concentrate on security around cloud-based services, Kingston keeps its focus on the hardware security side. Our longstanding relationships with controller and NAND Flash suppliers as well as global distribution capabilities ensure a steady supply of products to meet customer needs. Evaluation samples are readily available to potential customers. Along with the DT6000, Kingston has an extensive family of secure DataTraveler USB Flash drives to match the security needs for all levels of enterprises:
- DataTraveler 4000 ― Managed (DT4000-M): Awarded highest rating of 5 out of 5 in SC Magazine’s Portable Security Devices group test (June 2011). Designed for high-value corporate deployments, the DT4000-Managed provides FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validation and is centrally managed, all at an affordable cost. Kingston partnered with BlockMaster to provide SafeConsole for Kingston, enforcing full USB management control over the drive.
- DataTraveler 4000: Same features as DT4000-M but not managed.
- DataTraveler Vault Privacy ― Managed (DTVP-M): Optimal for sensitive enterprise environments with 256-bit AES encryption and the SafeConsole for Kingston central management system, which is fully customizable to meet an enterprise organization’s needs.
- DataTraveler Vault Privacy (DTVP): Same features as DTVP-M but not managed.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated
o Ultra-Strong Security Architecture
o Drive locks down after 10 intrusion attempts and encryption key is destroyed
o No passwords stored on device or host
o Hardware designed and assembled in the U.S.
o United States National Security Agency Suite B set of cryptographic on Board
Elliptic curve cryptography
o Secure channel communication
o Digitally signed firmware updates using Suite B SHA-384 and ECDSA P-384
o DT6000 can operate with AutoRun disabled
o Enforces tamper-free AutoRun files
o Cryptography made in the U.S.
- Enforced Complex Password: Password is user-set with a minimum of three of the four characteristics (lowercase, uppercase, characters and numbers) required to prevent unauthorized access
- Full Privacy: 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware-based encryption ― master key recreated at logon
- Customizable: preload content, full security policy customization, casing options
Tamper-Proof Physical Security Barrier
- Waterproof: protected against water damage
- Guaranteed : five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
- Ruggedized: titanium-coated stainless steel casing
- Dimensions: 3.06" x 0.9" x 0.47" (77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm)
- Speed: up to 11MB/s read, 5MB/s write
- Capacities: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC to 60ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 185ºF (-20ºC to 85ºC)
- Minimum System Requirements:
o USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
o Two (2) free consecutive letters required for use